Mon, 06/10/2019 to Thu, 08/01/2019
City of Brownfield and Brownfield Industrial Development Corporation (Type A)
Street Address: 201 W Broadway St
The City of Brownfield is seeking a Director of Industrial Development to direct and coordinate the activities of the Industrial Development Corporation; administer the industrial development program including prospect development business/industry contacts; negotiate to encourage location and expansion in Brownfield; provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Brownfield Industrial Development Corporation Board (Type A), the City Manager and the City Council.
The salary range for this position begins at $75,000; range will be based on qualifications and experience. A benefit package including a monthly car allowance, cell phone and competitive benefits package including a comprehensive health plan and retirement plan through the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) is also offered. Total compensation depends on qualifications.
Must have professional experience in economic/industrial development or equivalent professional experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in business, economics, marketing public administration or other closely related field. Advanced education or Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) Certification preferred. Experience desirable in budgets, work plans, industrial development, tax incentives and grants.
- Administration of affairs of Brownfield Industrial Development Corporation;
- Responsible for implementing, developing, and revising of an overall Industrial Development Plan;
- Prepare annual budget for review and approval by Board and City Council;
- Administer tax incentive programs and incentives for industrial development;
- Recruit and follow-up on industrial development prospects;
- Assist in obtaining of State and Federal Grants/Incentives in industrial development;
- Broaden the base of public involvement in industrial development;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of job skills/education programs.
- Develop and formulate strategies to support existing business/industry;
- Coordinate activities with other industrial development organizations;
- Manage properties owned by the Corporation or the City; and
- Negotiate with business/industry representatives to encourage location, retention and/or expansion
- Develop and maintain contacts on a state and national level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A working knowledge of the principles and concepts of public/private development project investment and financing;
- Computer knowledge and skills are required;
- Requires excellent communication and organization skills, strong analytical abilities;
- A proven work history exhibiting successful management, interpersonal, and property management skills;
- Must possess financial skills sufficient to prepare analysis, budgets and forecasts;
- Must be able to understand financial statements and pro-forma statements;
- Must be able to understand and compile statistical data;
- Must possess effective oral and written skills for large groups or individual presentations; and
Must be able to work within the Charter of the City of Brownfield and the Bylaws of Brownfield Industrial Development Corporation.
Submit Application To:
HOW TO APPLY:
For additional information regarding the Brownfield area and/or the City of Brownfield please visit the following websites:
If you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an application with City of Brownfield and mail or fax to:
City of Brownfield
Attention: Human Resources
201 W. Broadway St.
Brownfield, TX 79316
Fax: Ph. (806) 637-4547
Fax (806) 637-9369
An application can be requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or picked up at the City of Brownfield City Hall located at 201 West Broadway Street.